Spring is here and summer is almost upon us, making now the perfect time to add bright hues and trendy designs to your DIY at-home manicure. Brush up on your nail art skills with a blooming, floral-filled mani or take your nail colour to the next level with geometric designs and glittery accents. Whether you’re loving a minimalistic look or a classic pink that’s truly posh, easily recreate spring and summers’ hottest nail trends below:
Pink Glitter Polka Dots Nail Art
Shine bright with a polka dotted twist that compliments this blush pink manicure.
1. After cleaning and shaping your nails, apply a thin layer of Nail Foundation Priming Base coat to help prevent nail staining and fill in ridges for a smooth colour canvas.
2. Apply 1-2 coats of the chip-resistant, long wear butter LONDON Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer in Piece of Cake, allowing the nail polish to dry after each coat.
3. Now throw in some nail glitter! Gently dip the end of your bobby pin into butter LONDON Peel -Off Glitter Nail Lacquer in Glazen Glitz, using the tip of the pin to create a polka dot pattern on your painted nail.
4. Once your dots have dried, make your brilliant design last with the ultra-glossy Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat. Ta da! A fun, easy way to create a manicure that sparkles for glitter nails that wow.
Negative Spaces Nail Art
Nail art has taken a futuristic turn with this popular manicure that blends your natural nail with a burst of spring and summertime colour.
What You Need: Nail Foundation Priming Base coat, butter LONDON Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer in Lemon Drop, Hardwear Shine UV Top coat, Nail Art Striping Tape
1. Ensure your nails are clean and oil-free, then prep and prime your manicure by applying a thin layer of Nail Foundation Priming Base coat to each of your nails.
2. Cut 4-5 pieces of Nail Art Tape and apply it in horizontal lines across the nail plate—this will create the “negative space” for your manicure. Feel free to use tape in varying sizes to add extra dimension.
3. Once the nail tape is securely in place, apply 1-2 thin coats of butter LONDON Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer in Lemon Drop across your entire nail, painting directly over the nail tape.
4. Allow the nail polish to dry before gently removing the tape to reveal a modern day, trend-setting striped manicure
Cherry Blossoms Nail Art
Nothing says sunshine and warm weather like cherry blossoms blooming in the trees… or on your nails. Put your new nail design skills to use with this detailed mani that is perfect for spring and summer nails.
What You Need: Horsepower Nail Rescue Base coat, butter LONDON Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer in Mums the Word, Piece of Cake and Smashing!, Hardwear Shine UV Top coat, a Bobby Pin and a Manicure Orange Stick
1. Help restore, repair and prep your nails with our bestselling butter LONDON Horsepower Nail Rescue Base coat before applying 2 coats of butter LONDON Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer in Mums the Word to each of your nails. As always, allow your nail polish to dry for up to two minutes.
2. Next, dip the end of the bobby pin into butter LONDON Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer in Piece of Cake. Use the bobby pin to apply five dots in a circle pattern on your nail—this should resemble the outline of a flower.
3. After applying flowers to each of the nails, dip the pointed end of your orange stick into butter LONDON Patent Shine 10X Nail Lacquer in Smashing! and use this to create a colourful center for each flower.
4. Lastly, seal the deal with our fan-favorite Hardwear UV Top coat for a smudge free, high-shine finish that lasts.