Our dear East Coasters, we envy you. We are wistfully taking in your Instagrams, Facebook posts and tweets about your endlessly fun snow day, and willing the weather channel to bring us some of the white stuff. (Is there anything better than a snowball fight with your bezzies, followed by a Netflix marathon snuggled up on the couch with some hot cocoa, we think not.)
However, when the whimsy of your snowmaggedon wears off, and the cabin fever sets in, we have some fool proof home activities to help you fight the boredom!
1. Touch Up That Mani!
- Come on, what did you expect from us? You have a bucket load of free time, so make sure those talons are shaped and shining!
2. Start Cooking
- Now is the perfect time to try that recipe you haven’t had the time for. Pull on that apron, get out the whisk, and get to work!
- Wouldn’t your grandma be delighted to receive a handmade Valentine’s Day card from you this year?
4. Make Your Own Olaf
- Everyone saw Frozen (don’t try to pretend you didn’t) and everyone fell in love with the silly, little snowman. Wouldn’t it be awesome to look out your window and see your very own version of him?!
5. Pull Out Those Board Games
- It’s been a while since you played Monopoly, or better yet, Girl Talk. Reminisce with your roomies over a classic game and a bottle of wine.
Enjoy your snow day!